To all of our loyal customers,
Events surrounding the recent COVID-19 pandemic have caused much fear, panic, and uncertainty in America and around the world.
At Capitol Hill Florist and Gifts, we want you to know that our team is ready to serve you. We are taking the virus very seriously and have initiated several steps to help mitigate any spread as follows:
- Both of our locations (at 5809 S Western Ave and 11904 S May Ave) are fully functioning and ready to assist you with all of your floral needs.
- Online/Telephone Ordering – We are able to take orders just as effectively through our website or via phone call, so placing your order for pick-up or delivery at www.capitolhillflorist.com or (405)634-3368 is recommended in order to limit our contact.
- Curbside Pick-Up Available - Upon your arrival for a pick-up order, please call us from your car and we will happily bring out your arrangement or gift item.
- Face coverings are required to be worn inside our store.
- We are limiting in-person consultations for weddings and funeral services to two people.
- Hand Washing – All employees are mandated to wash their hands when arriving or returning to work from a break.
- Including all delivery drivers when they return from each route.
- Temperature – Everyone’s temperature is being taken twice daily.
- Thorough sanitizing – All workstations are disinfected twice a day and each delivery is wiped down with disinfectant wipes before distribution.
- All delivery personnel have disinfectant wipes to use before each stop.
- All delivery personnel will leave deliveries on the porch or at a front desk as a “touch-less” delivery.
With all of the cancelations, many people will be spending more time at home. And we want you to know that flowers can be a unifying symbol of joy, beauty, cheerfulness and healing. Flowers have a positive effect on overall health, boost moods, and reduce stress.
A Rutgers University study has indicated that flowers bring happiness. Emphasizing the intrinsic value of flowers in the home as an everyday gift, or for self-use, will help provide joy, brightness, and hope. They can also help counteract the negative messages and darkness that is prevalent at this very moment. Flowers can ease troubled minds, and bring peace to hearts and souls in these times of anxiety and fear.
We are monitoring the situation and will make changes as necessary.
Kent Whitnah, President